Sunday, November 08, 2009

Trip to Eggleston




Well..I thought my day would be terrible but thankfully it wasn't. All thanks to Nancy and Garry ( my friendship family in Blacksburg)Palisades, hotel, a tiny restaurant located at Eggleston made my Sunday.

They took me out for brunch and we went to a place called Palisades in Eggleston. It was a General store long back and not a historic building and a lovely country restaurant. A century ago, Eggleston was the hub of Giles country and drew visitors from all over the United States. They arrived by train (which still runs through the village) to enjoy its beauty and hot springs. Occupying what was formerly Pyne's General Store, the palisades Restaurant recaptures the former charm and spirit of Eggleston.

In addition to displaying memorabilia from the village's lively past, the pallisades restaurant retains the unique features of its Historic Landmark building including exposed brick walls, pressed tin ceilings and hardwood floors. Store was a vibrant business in the late 1920's , during one of Eggleston's many heydays and, as part of the New River's rick history (New river is the second oldest river, after river Nile), was featured prominently in the June 1999 issue of National Geographic Magazine.

The driveway was beautiful,the weather was tempting, played with the cat , the dog and the horse in the ranch, heard Americans talk about politics, took a proper American brunch, sipped a glass of champagne for the first time in my life, realized that after a sip my heads spinning like crazy!

And somehow after a long time felt relaxed, came home cooked dinner, thought about the poster, did few edits in the submittable, saw the SRK wala tere mere beech mei..fell in love with him :D , uploaded pics in orkut. In shot sweet lovely day.

3 comments:

Gunjan said...

Yaar I love NYC, but yeah sometimes I really feel like I should go and live at quieter places.. Again got that feeling after reading this post

Thought said...

I think they both have a different charm in them!

sam said...

Thanks for Commenting at Balijatra Orissa, and I went through your Blogs to get an inside of you. I realized truly You r like a sea, full of colors , full of variety, full of emotions, full of anxiety.
:)

Stay Tuned, i will visit again .